Heart ridge Retreat and Cultural Center Offerings:
1) Week-long Summer Family Camps (See Sample Schedule)
2) Weekend Spiritual Retreats for individuals, couples, and families.
3) Individual private, self-directed retreats.
4) Presentations, workshops, seminars, and classes throughout the year on a variety of topics.
5) Periodic festivals, concerts, and shows featuring musicians and artists.
6) Heart Ridge is available for rent by diocesan and parish groups, ecclesial movements, schools, non-profit organizations, and businesses for retreats, training programs, and conferences.
Heart Ridge Retreat and Cultural Center is located in the northwest corner of South Carolina in the Jocassee Gorges Wilderness Area. Heart Ridge borders this 50,000 acres of lush, protected forestlands and contains one of the highest concentrations of waterfalls in the eastern US. National Geographic labeled this wilderness area one of "50 of the World's Last Great Places."
Heart Ridge is situated on 37 acres including a 5 acre lake, with cabins and dorms for up to 100 people, a large cafeteria, gymnasium with workout room, art and crafting rooms, chapel that seats 150, a prayer chapel, small creek, trails, and zip-line.
It is an easy 50 minute drive from Greenville, and 60 minutes from GSP International Airport.
Mission of the Heart Ridge Retreat and Cultural Center:
Heart Ridge aspires to provide a place for renewal and restoration in a Catholic atmosphere of loving hospitality, as well as a place for enrichment through educational and artistic programs
Familial bonds, deep friendships, and meaningful community
Wonder, awe, and the discovery of the Mystery in the ordinary realities of daily life
Artistic pursuits that reveal the human condition and the beauty of creation
Education that promotes understanding and dialogue, and helps one discover the true, the good, and the beautiful
Music (in all of its genres) for what it awakens in and reveals about the human heart
The restorative power of time spent in nature
Local farming, sustainability, and ecological responsibility
The heritage of our region as expressed in its folk art, customs, cuisine, and music
Technology and media that communicates the truth and facilitates real-life connections
The Roman Catholic Church with Mary, the saints, and all her rich traditions, through which we see the world and encounter the presence of Christ.